Thursday, March 21, 2024

Sometimes it's just not there

Today's post is about ... those days when there is no post. 

Sometimes I do actually get busy and simply don't have time to sit down and write something. That is not the reason I've missed a couple days this week.

Sometimes I'm in a mental/emotional funk and it's better for all of us if I don't write anything or speak to anyone. That is not the reason I've missed a couple days this week.

Sometimes there are world or local events taking place and I am either unable to find words or words seem pointless. That is not the reason I've missed a couple days this week.

Sometimes ... I'm just freaking tired. THAT has been my issue this week. I don't know if it's the AFib, the weather, the 15 mile run from Saturday, or what ... but my mind has been mush most of the week. Not only have I been sleep-walking through the days, but I can't seem to focus long enough to string coherent words together. I did finally manage to finish the book How To Know A Person by David Brooks, but I had to go back and re-read a few chapters because it was so hard to keep my eyes open.

Today feels a little better. So far. Yet, if I'm learning anything about this phase of life for me, it's that every day seems an adventure as to how I will sleep and how my day will go. Not that there's anything seriously wrong with me - I feel good physically - but it does feel ... different.

And that's what there is to say about that...

No comments: