Wednesday, April 17, 2024

10 things I hate

This is a writing exercise, so we'll see if I can come up with ten things. Haha (it should not be a problem).

  1. I hate seeing people being mean to children - whether merely screaming at them, needlessly making them cry, demeaning them, and especially hitting them.
  2. I hate seeing women slapped around and abused (whether in real life or on TV).
  3. I hate when people blatantly disregard traffic laws like running red lights (when it's not even close) and not using turn signals. I get it that sometimes "things happen," and we all make mistakes, but some people are so dang arrogant about not thinking the rules apply to them.
  4. I hate guns and ridiculous arguments for them. Which doesn't mean I don't understand the need for them. I'm not opposed to hunting, and I get that we're going to have police and military who use them (however much opposed to them I am); and my dad was an avid gun collector and did not amass a small arsenal for the purpose of hurting others. However, I see no reason some lame-brain idiot needs to stockpile automatic weapons in the interest of "freedom" or "national security." These are usually the people who scare me the most!
  5. I hate it when stores put so much stuff in the aisles that you can barely get around with a shopping cart.
  6. I hate when stores give out free food samples and people congregate around them like an aid truck in Gaza.
  7. I hate hearing people chew food, smack their lips, or make noises with their mouth. Mostly I hate that it drives me so batty, because I realize I probably do to some degree too, but I just about can't stand it.
  8. I hate seeing someone spit. Not sure why that bothers me so much either, but it does.
  9. I hate when people act all high and mighty and say ridiculous things like, "We teach our kids that they shouldn't say 'hate'; it's not christian." This actually happened at the church I was pastor at. Some people complained when I nonchalantly said I hated something, using the exact wording above. I wanted to laugh and say, "Really, because it doesn't appear you teach your spoiled rotten brat-children anything! How's that working out for you?"
  10. I hate when I'm stupid, unreasonable, and say hurtful things - whether it's because I totally lost my cool or I didn't realize it until later - I still hate being a jerk (and I am all too often).

There, I did it. And I could probably go on ... for quite some time. I'm not real fond of that either...

No comments: