Monday, April 15, 2024

Escape with new struts

I had to take the 2011 Ford Escape XLT 2.5L 4 Cylinder in for service last week. Ugh. It needed an oil change, but it had also been making a clunk/clank noise for quite some time. That sound ended up coming from our piggy bank...

This has been a good car for us, so I can't really complain. Not only did we get the oil changed, a new battery, and wheel alignment, but we also had to have both front struts replaced and a new stabilizer bar link kit. They suggested replacing the rear shocks, fuel injection service, cooling system flush, and replacing the spark plugs (even though I swear they just replaced the spark plugs about a year ago), but I thought the $1,565.94 was enough for this visit. 

I do have to say, it drives and sounds waaaaaaay better. We'd had issues with the stabilizer bar before, and I just thought something was loose. Apparently the struts had rusted out, so it is one smooth and quiet ride now in comparison.

No comments: