Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A new string trimmer


I got a new string trimmer. This Black + Decker 12" 20v Cordless String Trimmer/Edger (model LST320C) from Menards. It was just under $100 and came with two batteries and charger.

Of course this wasn't the trimmer I intended to get. I started researching them awhile back because the batteries on my old B+D string trimmer were all giving out. At first I thought I was going to move away from cordless - thinking either gas or corded. However most sites suggested cordless over gas trimmers for residential use, especially if you're not going to use it on a daily basis. They say the cordless trimmers are now powerful enough that gas trimmers aren't necessary, and often gas are more hassle than they're worth. Certainly the old cordless trimmer I'd had was reliable enough. I don't even remember when I bought it, but it was awhile ago.

So, I began looking for another cordless trimmer. After my research I decided on an Ego or Worx. I happened to find an Ego on sale at Lowe's (online) and decided to go to an actual store and check it out. They were out of stock in the store. So I was going to just come home and order one online. Ha! By the time I got home they were out of stock online too. Drats.

In usual fashion, since I'd put this off for so long, I finally just trudged over to Menards and bought a random Black+Decker since it was reasonably priced and came with two batteries (instead of just one like many of them). How bad can it be, right?

I bought it last week and just got it out of the box and assembled the other day. I've still not used it. But it's here if it ever stops raining, and happens to coincide with a day I have the energy and gumption to trim weeds. Hopefully it will work for awhile. 

That process fairly accurately describes my lack of interest in yard work as a whole. I tried to take an interest, but it didn't last long and I finally just did the bare minimum. I really do not enjoy it. Wish I did... but I don't. Such is life...

No comments: