Friday, June 21, 2024

Five things friday

First off, let me say how thankful I am that our AC is still keeping up. It has been in the 90s this entire week, and it looks like next week will be more of the same. I hope people don't start suffering from seasonal affective disorder from having to keep the drapes and curtains closed! Anyway...

  1. In case you've been wondering, yes, I am still running. Only 3-4 days a week, and not as many miles. There are several reasons... but mostly I'm kinda just not into it right now. When I'm not training for anything, and don't have anyone to talk about it with... I dunno... It feels weird.
  2. I keep seeing this article pop up about 'the most influential podcasters' right now. Um, you know, there are few things I care less about. I've just never been able to get into podcasts (I prefer to read), and I have zero interest in following an "influencer." In fact, I'm turned off by the term itself, let alone people who claim that's what they are. I mean, we used to have a name for people who were always trying to draw attention to themselves. Now it's almost like it's a virtue or something. Crazy.
  3. Speaking of which, if you can imagine, I am pretty skeptical about the whole AI craze. A lot of investment capital being pumped that way. A lot. And... not only do I not like it, but I just don't see how this stuff is sustainable. Maybe that's just the pessimist in me talking, but I honestly have a gut feeling about this. If anything, I wish I'd have invested more in learning how to farm/garden organically. One of these days Humpty Dumpty is gonna take a tumble (imho).
  4. Some factoids from this weeks TFU: One American dies of fentanyl poisoning every 8 minutes, making it the leading cause of death among Americans between the ages of 18 and 45; 2) The average age of the following populations—from youngest to oldest—is: India 28.4, Brazil, 33.5, China, 38.4, the US, 38.5, Russia is 40.3 and Japan, 48.4; and 3) Per a 1965 episode of the Jetson’s, George was born in 2022, making him 2. Also, have you had a snaccident lately? It might happen like this: “Sorry, I ate all the chips. I didn’t intend to. It was a snaccident.” :)
  5. Quote: "Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most." -unknown

Stay cool, and hydrated, friends!

 

 

No comments: