Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tommy on TV

I stayed up too late last night - so I could see Tommy Womack backing up Todd Snider on Jay Leno. I'm glad I did, but I shoulda knowd I could just watch the videa today. You can see it HERE (Oops. I guess you can't see it anymore. How did that happen? Sorry).

As I've said, it's not like Tommy and I are great friends, but he's just one of those people that after talking to him only a few times, you feel like you've known him forever. At least I do. I guess it helps to have read his book and RANTS. I hope he doesn't mind me sharin' something he wrote here, but this is a bit of why I love this guy... his utter honesty. He wrote the following on his post "Ecumenical Hangover Time":
I just wanted to pop up on the site quickly and say to Jesus, if He reads this site, have mercy on me. I’m not just a sinner, I’m a loud one, with a bug up my ass. I ain’t Frank Zappa. I’m LOOKING for salvation. All the time. Here’s to finding it.

I'm prayin' that he'll find it too! Peace, my friend(s).

No comments: