Sunday, June 08, 2008

Goodbye old paint

Actually it's stain, and it's the first (and only) coat. This is Lady Jane.. putting on the stain.. and it didn't rain.. but today she's in pain.. Okay, this is getting insane. Anyway... she is staining the enclosure we just added under the pavilion. We'll store tables and chairs and junk in there. Plus if we ever get a fridge we can sell pop, water, and stuff out through the window - which we have - but it needs to be put in. The neighbor kid thought this was going to be my office. Hmm. Might not be too bad...

She did an excellent job on this, as usual, and I appreciate the many nights and days she slaved away when there were plenty of other things she would have loved to be doing instead.

We actually have the pavilion booked for 10 events right now just in June and July. I believe only 3 of them are church activities. So I think that's pretty good. There were two graduation parties there this weekend, plus a baby shower inside.

Other than that... I have no plans to leave Cheyenne. It's been years since I've been there, and it might just be in the plans for next summer. I dunno.

Peace out; and in.

5 comments:

MR said...

I thought you sent your horse off to the glue factory when I saw the title. Then I remembered you didn't have a horse. Anyway, what I wanted to say was: No more RHYMING! And I MEAN IT!

Will this concession stand sell PEANUTS?

Jane must have hurt herself during the graceful cartwheel-flip dismount.

dan said...

Ah, yes... The Princess Bride is one of the best. "...you keep using that word..."

Anonymous said...

Aw, Dan...you have a poet's hard...you just keep suppressing it!

And good for Lady Jane! Me with a paint brush in hand? Not such a good idea...I usually end up wearing as much as whatever I'm painting.

I'm not kidding :/.

Guess your pavilion is a case of "If you build it, they will come", eh?

:)

dan said...

What is a "poet's hard"? Or do I even want to know. ;)

Anonymous said...

HA! Good gracious...I am SO glad I came back to this comment...geezaree...Was I spelling phonetically????

Heart, Danno...HEART!

:)