Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happy birthday girl

Today is lovely daughter Carrie's birthday. I can't believe she is 23 years old! She was our first born, and has always been a go-getter. She always loved school; always knew how to figure out the "angle"; she is the only person I know who knows someone everywhere she goes; and she's got this stubborn streak kinda like her dad (she can belch like me too). :)

Having received a BA from Huntington University, she currently works for Winebrenner Theological Seminary in Findlay, Ohio. She does a variety of jobs there - working her way up to being president. Soon she'll be starting on her Masters work as well.

The finest daughter one could have, and I hope this birthday brings you everything you're looking for. Love ya, Carrie Jade. Happy birthday!!!




(The right pic is from two summers ago when she was doing an internship at WTS. The left one is off of her blog - not sure what the story is with it, but she's always looked good in hats).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Dad post...your pride and joy shines!

:)

(Happy belated Carrie!)

dan said...

Well, hello Robin! You must have heard us talking about you. One of the presents we got daughter Carrie was a Paula Dean cookbook, so I told her how you and Paula are like "this."

Good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

The story of the bottom picture:

Setting - West Hollywood thrift store dressing room.

Characters - girls who love thrift stores in west hollywood, me, michelle's hat

Plot - I went to LA for SB07 with some of my HU friends to visit a couple of friends in fashion school out on the West Coast. They just shopped all day and all night. I dispise thrift stores because of the way the smell and the sensory overload one experiences upon walking into such a place. I am not above wearing and/or purchasing clothes that once belonged to someone else. I just think thrift stores are chaos and I like order. (Also, I have a lot less money than them.) So, as the girls tried on hundreds and hundreds of things I sat on the floor and took pictures of myself. Michelle liked the way this hat looked on me better than the way it looked on her so she gave it to me.

Talk about too much useless information clogging your brain....