Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Peaced off

This has been an odd sort of day. I just haven't felt much like talkin'. Somethin' in the air, no doubt.

I had already written about the Jimmy Dobson / Barack Obama joke and had it set to publish, but then I read what daughter Carrie said on her blog and decided she said it better and was much kinder than I was.

This morning I drove down to a Church of God Anderson function at the invitation of son Isaac. I think it's their general conference or something or other - there were people all over, and lots of pastor types. It was weird, because it wasn't at all like any Church of God, General Conference things I have attended. I don't really know what to make of that.

Anyway, I attended a lecture on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. One of the AU professors - an expert in Middle East history - gave a really good presentation, then Isaac addressed the group with a response. There were probably 70 people or so crammed into a little basement room. I have to say... I was mighty impressed. He pretty much said the same thing there as he did in this blog post: Peace In Palestine. Good stuff, and it fit really well because the speaker talked mostly from a historical context, whereas Isaac brought it down to a more specifically Christian thing. I was really glad I got to be there. I keep telling him he needs to preach for me someday. I don't know if he knows I'm serious. I wish I had his knowledge. It makes the stuff I talk about seem like... well, I don't know what.

So it was a good day. But there's lots of stuff on my mind.

Peace out; and in.