Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New phone

I finally got around to getting a new phone last night. I liked my old one, but the battery was bad. I never knew if it would be fully charged or dead from one minute to the next (kinda like me).

I have always liked LG phones, so I was trying to decide between the 79.99 (minus $50 rebate) or the 109.99 (minus $50 rebate). I was bummed because, as a secondary line on our account, I get no credits. So basically verizon gives me no reason to get a new phone. I should have just tried to find a new battery for my old phone (of course verizon doesn't make them anymore). Anyway, I opted for the cheaper LG5400. It doesn't have video, or a memory card, or an mp3 player, and the camera is crappy. Otherwise it's pretty nice. But now I wish I'd gotten the other one. Oh well. What do I really need a phone for anyway? I mean, if I can make calls and text, that oughta work. And I don't do a LOT of that even.

We also made a trip down to Three Rivers Fest last night. Had a tenderloin. Some guy was playing the main stage that cost $26 a ticket - and I'd never even heard of him! So we went to the dog show, and right when we walked up it was getting over.

Today I might laze around again. Maybe mow the yard. I'd like to catch a couple of the afternoon performers at Three Rivers. Who knows, I might even take a shower and shave today. Maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do end up going down town try really hard to see anything involving Will Brown. I'm not sure if that's exactly who I'm thinking but he's generally caryying a drum with him. He blows me away every time and he's a super nice guy. One of those people who just reaks of passion for music. Crazy...

Anonymous said...

Okay, i just double checked. That's definietely who I"m thinking of. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uup6jcr0EY

dan said...

Didn't see Will Brown. I had a corndog and watched Brian Lemert, and then some guy with a harp.

MR said...

hmm... a corndog ya say?

MR said...

I don't really use my cell phone that much compared to everyone else in the world, but my favorite features are the SPEAKERPHONE and the VIDEO. I think every blogger should have video handy.