Thursday, September 04, 2008

Random #br549

Some random thoughts...
  • Why do I keep thinking I watched Fargo last night?
  • So far the rnc has been pretty predictable: a lot of muscle-flexing and mud-slinging. The same traits used by insecure middle-schoolers (boys and girls). And Rudy Guiliani is a joke.
  • Some of you are aware that my contract with my church had run out in July, and there had been some question about a new one. That was finally taken care of.
  • I ran on the treadmill 22 out of the 31 days in August, for a total of 87.7 miles. I think that averages out to about 4 miles per day. I'd never added it up like that before. Probably the most I've ever ran in a month's time.
  • Lady Jane had an MRI last week. Fortunately she doesn't need back surgery just yet.
  • I kind of rather liked when we were having communion every Sunday. I liked how it seemed to impact our group. So I don't know why I get the idea from people that they didn't really like doing it. Not sure what to do about it.
  • It seems I'm the only one in my family or church that is blogging anymore. I suppose the kiddles do more stuff on facebook and whatnot.
  • Driving a 5-speed makes me feel like I'm racing. And the new car is deceptively roomy. Though it's short on driver leg room - that's about the only drawback I've noticed. I did discover last night that you can actually 'pump up' the drivers seat. So it's kind of like I'm tall when I drive it.
  • Tonight I think I'm going to a freshman football game at southside h.s. to watch the neighbor kid - unless it rains. I want to go to the game, but we could sure use some rain.
  • This is my 1,200th post on this blog.
  • Yep.