Wednesday, October 08, 2008

John james interview

Wow, I stumbled across this looong interview with ex-Newsboys lead singer John James (though I see now that it was done in 2007). Anyway, I remember we were fairly into the Christian concert scene when he was suddenly just 'gone' from the Newsboys. We saw them in concert several times, and I remember once Carrie literally ran into the bass player on her way to the restroom. Joel ...something. I think that was in Champaign, IL.

This was a sad yet interesting interview. I do believe I had heard rumors at the time that he'd taken to partying too much, but this is really the first I've heard about John since then. And I always thought Peter Furler *looked* like the one that was drugged out.

It also kinda reminds me how I used to think my calling might involve being something of a "manager/pastor" to a band. I always thought that was a bit of a ridiculous idea, but after reading this it seems to make sense. That's not really where I'm at now, but... nice to know I'm not a total fool.

Anyway, even though it's a long interview, it's a good story of how easy it is to fall; and the value of a church family in helping one find restoration. God be with ya, John.

No comments: