Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blue, blue windows behind the stars

Today hasn't been such a good day. Dad is doing good physically, but he's a bit out of his mind. People say it's common for many people after bypass surgery, so it's just a matter of time and I'm sure all will be fine. I don't think he's slept since waking up from the surgery on Thursday. Last night mom said he was up all night trying to get out of bed and wanting to go home. I'm sure he doesn't want to know what all he's been saying and doing. This is not any fun.

I thought about titling this "I really don't want to know" because... I don't. My dad has told people what to do his entire life - he's always been in charge of things. He can't understand now that he is no longer in charge. I don't want to be like that.

This chorus is not from the title song, but... it's here.
Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around

Peace (please).