Friday, November 07, 2008

Presidential abortion

I had someone tell me again yesterday that they didn't understand how a Christian could vote for Obama, because of his stance on abortion. You know, maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't get this. I mean, I can understand that someone wanted McCain to be president and not Obama - I have absolutely no problem with that. But I DO NOT understand how people can say a Christian shouldn't have voted for Obama because of the abortion issue. And I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative, but... really... I don't understand.

For starters, I don't think anyone should vote for a president on the basis of one single issue. That seems irresponsible to me. But maybe more importantly, though... if a person is so against abortion (and I am certainly not in favor of abortions - as were neither presidential candidate), can someone please tell me what McCain planned to do to reduce or stop abortions? I'm serious. What was his plan? As far as I know all he did was say he was pro-life, but he had no intention of changing any abortion laws or doing anything to help reduce the number of abortions. Obama at least had a plan to try to reduce the number of abortions - which I linked to before in this article.

So, could someone please set me straight; or quit saying I can't be a Christian because I supported Obama.

Btw, I will be traveling and might not have a chance to check this for a couple of days. maybe.