Monday, December 15, 2008

Random monday morning

I'm glad it's Monday and not Sunday. The parking lot is a sheet of ice, and it's windy and cold and nasty out.

For some odd reason I've not to set my alarm clock the last two days. It's a good thing I use two alarms for Sundays.

Yesterday Drew (of Drew Carrie) was our worship song leader for the first time. He did great. Now if I could just find some musicians... like a guitarist, bass player, drummer, keyboardist... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I got a note this morning from someone who attended church here years ago - I think they're in college now. They thanked me for a card I had sent them like 5 years ago. Said they still keep it in their Bible. Monday's so rarely start off well for me. That was nice.

I don't send out notes like I used to. I used to make time each week to send out thank-you's, and get-well cards, and miss-you cards, and stuff. Now I pretty much just send out birthday cards to everyone. I never knew if it was worthwhile or not.

I bought gingerbread scented candles to burn in the sanctuary for yesterday.... and I was hungry all morning. That's another one of those things that I'm not sure anyone notices or not, but I know I don't like that dusty old church smell that so many places have.

Man... it seems like I was supposed to do something on Dec. 15th, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It's been driving me crazy since yesterday.

Some of the things I have to do this week: Take Lady Jane to the eye doctor, the last episode of 'Walking The Bible' at church, go with Jane's class to wrap presents at the women's shelter, son Isaac will be coming home for Christmas break, Jane's brother is coming for the weekend, a Christmas party Saturday (it's up in the air depending on the brother-in-law), we perform our Christmas Cantata Sunday morning, I need to get the oil changed in the Buick, and I need "C", "AA", "AAA" batteries, and batteries for the powerpresenter 'clickers' to advance our slides (we've had to use the computer the last two times). Well, and all the usual stuff too. Plus plan the Christmas Eve service, and... whatever.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: