Thursday, January 15, 2009

Book order

I broke down and ordered some books today. I have soooooooooooo stinking many books on my "to read" pile already; and I wanted to actually cut down on the number of books I read this year. I know that sounds silly, but it seems like I'm not getting as much value out of books when I just read through them and move on to another one. I would like to let them simmer for awhile. But I probably won't.

Anyway, the books I ordered today were:
I was not planning to read The Shack, because of its popularity (which is a stupid reason, I know). But I have to admit I've been curious. And daughter Carrie has it, and I thought about borrowing it from her, but our family is funny about books. We like to KEEP them for some odd reason. Plus I mark mine up pretty good. So I ordered my own.

I have wanted to read Surprised By Hope since it came out, but just never got around to it. I see it was among the top books on many people's 'top books of the year' lists, so...

I don't really know what it is about The Blue Parakeet that attracts me. For one thing, I have REALLY liked all of Scot's books that I have read to date. Must be that northern Illinois 'way'. I like how he writes and he's just real easy for me to understand (compared to some). So I'm looking forward to it.

I was also going to get Klyne Snodgrass's Stories With Intent, but that sucker is 30 bucks. Someday maybe.