Saturday, March 28, 2009

New running shoes

I finally got a new pair of running shoes, and went ahead and ran in them today so I won't be able to take them back (even though I probably still could after 4.2 miles). I took the other pair back to Dick's - and lemme tell ya - I swear it is almost easier to return something at Dick's Sporting Good's than it is to BUY something there! I do not like those places where you go to check out and you have to play twenty questions just so you can give them your money for their junk.

Anyway, I got a pair of Asics Gel-Kanbarra's (wide) at Kohl's for $39.99. I thought I was going to have to go back to the running place and spend $100, but I checked Kohl's one more time. I must have missed all the wide width shoes before. They felt pretty good.

But (and you knew there would be a but)... while running in them they reminded me of my old Asics shoes (that are going to become my new mowing shoes); they are comfortable to wear around, but I don't know how good they will be for running. They are almost too soft; and the heel slips a bit. I don't know, they may be alright, but it seems my old Asics made my legs hurt. So we'll see. I may just wear these for my everyday shoes, and I may yet have to go to Three Rivers for some running shoes. I can still wear my old runnings shoes for awhile yet.

Life shouldn't have to be this hard. But at least my shoes are soft.