Monday, August 17, 2009

Hugging difficulties

Most people who know me well know that I'm not a real "hugger." And it's not that I don't like to hug AT ALL. I mean, there are times when I will even initiate it. The thing with me is that sometimes it's just so ...awkward. And I recently wondered if it had anything to do with me being left-handed. Not only am I left-handed, but I'm 'cross-dominant' (or whatever you call it)... I do some things left-handed and some things right-handed. So maybe it's that I don't know *how* to hug. Like... do you put your head to the left or to the right of the other persons head? I think I usually go left, but maybe I'm wrong, and maybe that's why it's awkward. It seems like with some people there's always this dilemma, and it's almost like we put our faces together (which is really awkward). Plus, I don't think it helps that I'm kind of short. I hate having to stand on my toes to hug somebody tall.

So, how do you hug - left or right? Or not at all?

1 comment:

Jim L said...

I have had to force myself to be more of a hugger, but it is still awkward with most people. As a fellow lefty, maybe you've nailed it.

The other thing I have NEVER been good at (perhaps from being a lefty?) is the "high five". I hate them, because I usually miss. Really.