Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mowing bunnies

I mowed yesterday afternoon. North to south. Took me 2 hours 15 minutes. The grass was nice and green - as good as it's been all summer. But it was depressing. Just east of the patio, about 3 feet from the house, I was turning the corner and I saw something fly out from under the mower out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was a clump of grass. It rolled a ways. Then it started to move again. It was a little baby bunny. It took off for the cornfield. It would run a ways, then stop, then run again. It was so small it had a hard time running even through the mowed grass. The other bunny never made it out of the nest. Why would a mother bunny build a nest right there?!? I didn't even see it. Dang. I was bummed the whole rest of the day. I hate doing stuff like that.