Saturday, October 17, 2009

A wedding today

I have a wedding to preside over this afternoon. A young couple in our church. They gave me the nicest card last night. Just what I needed, just when I needed it. I hope it goes well today.

I have to say, weddings have become much less stressful for me over the years; and they are almost all very beautiful occasions. In fact, even though I don't believe I have ever 'lost it' during the actual ceremony, almost every time I read through the vows portion beforehand I begin to tear up and get emotional. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm kind of glad that I do. I never want to get to a place where it has no meaning to me.

I pray, Lord, that it will be a beautiful, meaningful, and joyous occasion today. May Your presence be felt, and made known; and may you bless this couple, and everyone in attendance. Amen.

No comments: