Thursday, April 01, 2010

Held - natalie grant

I've been trying to figure out who sings this song for a long time. I even emailed a radio station once, but they gave me the wrong song. I finally heard it again, and with a little googling, figured out it is Natalie Grant. The song is "Held," off of her "Awaken" album.

If you read here much you know I don't listen to a lot of music - especially Contemporary Christian stuff - but this song always manages to stop me in my tracks and stick in my head. I really like it. The youtube of it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo 

The chorus is simply haunting on the day before Good Friday:
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held

There is a nice post about the song here: "When Bad Things Happen To Christians"; and Natalie has a blog HERE.

No comments: