Friday, May 21, 2010

Mowing (under 2 hrs)

I mowed last night. East to west. I actually think I might have set a personal best time too: 1 hour, 50 minutes! Of course it was interrupted by running out of gas, but taking out the time to run to Ossian and get more, that's all it took to mow. I think that may be the first time I've run out of gas with this mower too (and I ran out in the mower and in the cans). It was perfect for mowing - the ground was soft so I was at optimum speed the entire time, there were few dandelions, and apparently removing the stakes from the trees by the playground took off some time too.

Things didn't start out so well though. The battery was dead when I went to start. At first I just tried cleaning the cables/posts; but I ended up having to jump start it with the car again. I suppose I should get a new battery one of these days.

I also lucked out in that it started raining about an hour after I got done. I didn't even think it was supposed to rain last night. But we all know no one can predict when it will or will not rain.

No comments: