Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Dr. visit

I had to go to the doctor yesterday. For several weeks now I've been having some urinary tract related issues. Nothing serious, but a slow stream, frequency, general discomfort in the area, etc. So I called in the morning and got in at 2:15 pm.

I was discouraged that my weight was 163, and my blood pressure was 126/84. I think the bp was because I was so tense from the discomfort, plus I was worried he was going to do a prostate exam.

They had me give a urine sample and it turned out to be fine. So he diagnosed it as prostatitis (prostate infection), and prescribed Cipro (antibiotic). I've had this a million times before and he said there is no real cause - it just happens in men from time to time. He said the Cipro should take care of it quickly. He didn't do a prostate exam then because he didn't want to irritate it further, but scheduled me to have one in 2 weeks.

I am looking forward to peeing freely again.

No comments: