Saturday, May 05, 2012

I bought a fertilizer spreader

I finally broke down and bought a fertilizer spreader yesterday. I decided to get a "drop" spreader, because our lawn is rather smallish, and I didn't want to be flinging the stuff all over with a broadcast spreader. Drop spreaders give more control, so hopefully I won't get any stuff on the sidewalk, driveway, or flowers (you're supposed to clean them off immediately if you do). I went to Lowe's earlier and saw that they had really jacked up their spreader prices in the last couple weeks. So I went to the Menard's by our house and got this Yardworks Drop Spreader for $29.99.

I also bought a small bag (5,000 sq. ft.) of the Menard's Premium Weed & Feed on sale for $9.99. This is supposed to be the second of four treatments, but I didn't really think I needed the first treatment (broadleaf protection) because our lawn doesn't have a ton of weeds. It's mostly just think and not very green.

So, now I should be set. I am thinking if I just do the three treatments in spring, summer, and fall - or maybe even two, we'll see - that should help our lawn out quite a bit. We've never had a nice lawn. I hope it works out. I like a nice looking lawn.

No comments: