Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Running out of time

It's getting harder to squeeze in an outdoor run in the mornings anymore. It was 7 am before the sun was out enough to run today, and it's staying darker longer every day. Ugh.

I know I could just run on the treadmill, or run in the afternoon, but I've grown to really like running outside in the morning. I ran outside all 5 days last week. I think my legs are finally starting to get used to it. And there seems to be a big difference between running first thing in the morning and running in the afternoon. Maybe it's more of a psychological difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

I have also noticed that I am still losing a bit of weight (I was 143 this morning), but I think I'm mostly just losing muscle now. I haven't been lifting for the past week or two. I've got an issue in my groin that has always bothered me off and on when I lift. So even though I don't lift much, I haven't been doing any; plus I've cut out the crunches, squats, situps and pushups. I'm sure things will be back to normal shortly.

And on a completely unrelated note... I guess it is 9/11. I probably wouldn't have noticed if not for Facebook... and the news. You know, I am sure there are plenty who will disagree with me, but don't you think that at some point we need to just move on? Not that it wasn't a tragedy, and I'm sure I might feel different if I had lost a close friend to it, but... even when we lose a spouse or loved one in some other way, isn't it a healthy part of the process when we get to the point where we can move on? I don't know, maybe I'm just really tired of the "victim mentality" that so many people seem to carry with them all the time anymore. I certainly wouldn't put something like this on Facebook, but since there are only a few people reading here I'm hoping it won't matter much. That's just what I think though.

Peace out; and in.