Friday, March 29, 2013

Five things friday

1. Okay, I'm going to try and make the blog publicly visible again. Part of my devotional reading each day is from Richard Rohr, and today he wrote, "our lives are always useable by God. We need not always be effective, but only transparent and vulnerable." That's pretty much what my blog has always been about. I don't have a lot to offer, but what I have, I give. But allowing people open access into your life is dangerous business, and it's probably fairly obvious that I've been hurt by it. I am a sensitive person. My counselor actually says that is my most dominant personality trait. So it takes a lot for me just to do this. I am trying. What about you?? How are you trying to live faithful to Jesus?

2. We had a really nice Maundy Thursday service last night. Really nice. After not having it last year - due to a number of things - we had a decent crowd of 17 (including 3 small children). We just had a simple meal of soup and bread (veggie & potato), I read John 13:1-17, and then we just shared our stories: how we came to know Jesus, what Jesus means to us, where we were at in our journey. Everyone shared. I thought it was fantastic. Logistically, I pushed 4 of the big tables together and that gave us 20 seats to all sit around one table; I had some soft instrumental music playing in the background; Joan prepared the food and set everything else up (which was nice that Jane didn't have to do it); and I took out all the fluorescent light bulbs except for 2 so we weren't blinded by the light.

3. I'm not sure if I will be able to keep blogging as regularly as I used to. One thing I've noticed about being on the zoloft is that I am waaaaaay more calm and relaxed. That's good (great, actually), and it has really helped with my obsessive compulsive disorder. However, that means a lot of the things I used to "obsess" over, just aren't that big of a deal to me anymore. Plus my thinking isn't always real clear yet. Or at least it takes me longer to think things through. So, you know, that's how it goes.

4. I asked Jane if she had noticed a change in my behavior. I think the first example she used was the other night when Illinois was playing their 2nd round NCAA tournament game against Miami. We were watching it on ncaa.com, and I didn't realize it was only free for so many hours of viewing. Well, our free time limit ran out with 35 seconds left in the game. It was coming right down to the wire, and with 35 seconds left... boop. We lost coverage. And it didn't really even phase me. It was like, "Aww, darn." Yeah, I would say I'm not near as intense as I used to be. I hope that's a good thing.

5. There were a million or so other things I was going to include today. I had a really busy week, but a good week. I had several meetings with people from lots of different places. It seems that may start to be a trend of sorts. But today I plan to do some cleaning around the house. I used to clean the house every Friday. Not sure why I stopped. I think I'm a bit overdue.

Peace out; and in...

No comments: