Saturday, April 27, 2013

First mowing (home)

I mowed our lawn at home yesterday. It wasn't terribly high, and I raised the deck still, but it looks nicer just being leveled off. And our sturdy old push mower is still a champ. I just put some gas in it, pulled three times, and it ran like a charm. I am sure it will now start on the first pull for the rest of the summer. I'm more worried about the deck and the wheels though. I had thought I might need to get a new mower this summer, but I may need to wait on that. I think this mower is actually older than our kids. It's at least older than Isaac.

I do need to do something about a few spots in the yard where I burned the grass when I tried to fertilize it last year. I got it too heavy and now there are a couple areas where there is no grass. I have no idea what to do, but I plan to work on that in the next few weeks.

Also, this will be the only lawn I am mowing this summer. I will not be mowing at the church this year. That will be kind of nice - although I will miss the extra money. Nothing lasts forever though. I was actually known as the "mowing pastor" to some people in blog world. Apparently it is somewhat of a novelty to other church leaders who don't have to do things like that.

I would still like to have a nice lawn at home. I'm just a little scared to do too much though, because I don't want to burn the whole dang thing. So I'll think about it. I was really glad the mower started.