1. I had an especially difficult time crafting a sermon this week. Well, actually, I wrote several sermons. I had a hard time figuring out which one to use. I have a fairly important announcement to make and I wanted to be sure I worded it as well as I could. I finally just decided to say what I needed to say and leave it at that. I am ready.
2. I have been trying to live each day as its own, so to speak. I get up each morning and ask, "God, what do you want me to do today?" I am sort of in 'survival mode' at this point, and while it really goes against my normal way of thinking/processing, it actually feels kind of good sometimes.
3. Last December I wrote this piece on 'whatever happened to Maurice Clarett' and I seem to get a lot of people looking at it. I really hope Maurice isn't one of them; or at least doesn't take offense to it. I'm pretty sure he could take me down with his little finger.
4. There are always so many things I think I am going to put on this Friday list, and then when it gets here.... I forget. I should probably write them down when I think of them.
5. I am thinking about mowing the lawn today (for the first time this year), or else having a garage sale. They are having a community garage sale day here, but I don't have anything ready. I may just sit here and look out the window at the crew putting siding on the neighbors house instead. Or not. I dunno. I can't really sit in front of a computer like I used to. The blog world is rather boring anymore - no more sense of community - and, well, I don't know what else I was going to say. :)
6. Oh wait, I had to add a #6 today. The NFL DRAFT started yesterday!!! This used to be one of the biggest days of the year for me. Now it lasts 3 stinking days. And it has lost its luster for me. I really don't keep up on football much at all anymore. Not sure why. I guess I will read about the draft once it's done. I see the Cowboys took a center from Wisconsin with their first round pick.