Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grapes of wrath

I finished Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath yesterday afternoon (wiki link). It is about a family of migrant workers during the great depression. It was kind of a depressing book too. But good. I like Steinbeck's books. As I've mentioned before, I started reading one of his books on every vacation each year. Next is East of Eden.

It was kind of funny, when I got to the end of the book I had this weird feeling that I'd read this book before. Maybe I read it in high school and had forgot. I swear I remember the ending.

Anyway, I'm glad I read it; and glad Jane got it for me. It felt good to read a 455 page book. Like I almost accomplished something.

2 comments:

Jim L said...

Love Steinbeck. East of Eden is my fav. No spoilers, but there is a small section in the middle of the book that I just think is an amazing bit of philosophy and theology and writing all wrapped up in one. I think you'll know it when you read it. If you do and you remember this comment, drop me a line when you read it and let me know what you think.

dan said...

Will do, Jim. Glad to see you back on the interwebs again too!!! :)