Saturday, December 14, 2013

A simple phone call

I received a phone call yesterday from the President of the seminary I attended 15 years ago. He said he had tried to call me several times, but since we went without a land-line he didn't have my cell number. He finally called my daughter and got my number. He just wondered how I was doing since being released by the church. And not only me, but my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and even my granddaughter. It was one of the nicest conversations I have had since the whole ordeal happened. He just asked questions, listened, and said "that sucks" a lot (he didn't actually say "sucks," but...). It was so nice to have someone just call because they cared, and not try to tell me what to do, or what I did wrong, or that I needed to "just get over it." He just listened and sympathized. That's why I have always had such great respect for this man. One of the best people I know, and I am so glad I got to know him. Plus, it was a little weird that he called on the day that I was offered a secular job. But again, he made no judgements. Then he prayed this long, long prayer for me and every person in my family. It was just a very moving conversation, and prayer. Again, I am so thankful and grateful to know him.

3 comments:

MR said...

I can never find the LIKE button on this thing. :)

Carrie Jade said...

I was just going to write the same thing, Mike!

MR said...

Great minds...