Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Snow and a shooting

We had another big snow last night. I haven't heard exact totals but I would say at least 9 or 10 inches. I cleared our drive and the street in front of it. Jane backed out to try to get to work and she was immediately stuck as soon as got out of the driveway. Fortunately Steve had driven Pam to work, so he came and picked up Jane so they could open.

I didn't have to be to work until noon. They wanted me to go to the DuPont facility today so I just went ahead and left around 10:45. Our subdivision still hadn't been plowed but I was able to make it out. Once I got to Lower Huntington it wasn't bad the rest of the way. It took me 45 minutes instead of 20. So far it has been pretty quiet. I did take one reservation, and I've had two people get stuck. I've also done a little shoveling. Otherwise I've been cleaning and listening to the radio.

I guess there was some excitement in our neighborhood last night. Apparently there was a shooting at the apartment complex across the street from our subdivision. It was supposedly a robbery, but it sounded more like something else to me. I don't know. Here is a link to the story.
http://wane.com/news/crime/man-seriously-hurt-in-apartment-complex-shooting/

So, I guess that's about it for today.

No comments: