Saturday, April 05, 2014

What i get to enjoy today

Lately I've been trying to start each day by asking myself, "What do I get to enjoy today?" (rather than, "What do I have to do today?"). Today it's the fact that my son is preparing to take life to a different level and get his MDiv this fall at the grad school of his choice, my daughter-in-law gets to enrich the lives of a classroom full of young minds, my daughter is the most amazing mother I have ever known, I have the privilege of working with my son-in-law who is the top manager in the company, I am married to the most intelligent and beautiful woman on the face of the earth,  I have parents who continue to teach me what it means to be a human being making the world a better place, and I have a job that I look forward to going to. I will also get to enjoy lunch with my wife at our usual Saturday restaurant. So... What do you get to enjoy today?

1 comment:

Jim L said...

I have already enjoyed an hour and a half of moving dirt around in the garden (this weekend with a back belt on! :). Now I am going to enjoy studying for an online class I am taking just for fun, and then some studying for some certification tests I haven't decided if I am going to take or not, all in a quiet house with just me in it.