Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Baby steps

I ran for the first time in a long time yesterday. I jogged at 4 mph for a mile, then walked about another mile. My left knee hurt, but I think that will go away as I use it more. It's the one I hurt in the 2013 half marathon when I ran into the idiot in front of me. My doctor said it's just a tendon or ligament that 'clicks' over something. I remember it hurt when I started running last spring, but got better as I got in better shape and used the foam roller on it. I am very out of shape right now, but it's a start. I need to make it a bigger priority to get back in shape now if I plan on running any races this year. I would still like to do a late fall marathon if I can. Hopefully I can, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Just trying to be content with baby steps at this point.

1 comment:

Pastor D said...

You may recall that the first Marathon runner ran from the battlefield, broke into the king's throne room and cried out "Nike!" Which translates, "victory!" And then died on the spot!

Just sayin...