Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Baby steps

I ran for the first time in a long time yesterday. I jogged at 4 mph for a mile, then walked about another mile. My left knee hurt, but I think that will go away as I use it more. It's the one I hurt in the 2013 half marathon when I ran into the idiot in front of me. My doctor said it's just a tendon or ligament that 'clicks' over something. I remember it hurt when I started running last spring, but got better as I got in better shape and used the foam roller on it. I am very out of shape right now, but it's a start. I need to make it a bigger priority to get back in shape now if I plan on running any races this year. I would still like to do a late fall marathon if I can. Hopefully I can, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Just trying to be content with baby steps at this point.