Monday, October 27, 2014

Rat race 5k and trunk or treat

I ran another 5k yesterday. Jane, Carrie and I ran in the 15th annual River City Rat Race in downtown Fort Wayne (their Facebook page). It was a gorgeous day, temps were in the upper 60's, it was sunny, and we ran through some fantastically beautiful areas of the city along the rivergreenway and through some neighborhoods. I have no idea what place we finished in, because, at this point, who cares. I think Jane and I ran around a 34-minute 5k, and Carrie was a minute or two ahead of us. I forgot my knee brace, and it didn't really bother me.



Later in the evening we went to a trunk-or-treat event at the church where Anna's preschool is. Holy cow, I could not believe how many people there were. I wanted to get a crowd picture, but there was simply no way to take one that would have done it justice. Anyway, they had quite a few people passing out candy, and they also had several 'bounce house' toys there. The kids had a blast.






1 comment: