Thursday, February 05, 2015

Reading

I've been reading bits of pieces of things lately, but mostly from Neil Young's 'Special Deluxe: A Memoir of Life & Cars." It's not overly exciting, not exactly well-written, and has a lot of pages... But I love it!

I keep it at work, and it's been slow lately, so I'll sit and read through it on boring afternoons. Neil writes about the different cars he's had in his lifetime, as well as some other events and things. It occurred to me one day that reading it kinda feels to me like taking a Sunday afternoon cruise on country roads when I was much younger. It has a very nostalgic feel to it. It's not really about anything that adds to my life at all, but rather it kind of just holds me still; keeps me quiet; it's like that old sweatshirt that fits so perfectly.

So, that's what I've mostly been reading lately.