Thursday, February 12, 2015

Starting a business...

So, you know, I don't ever like to be too definitive about anything... but it is possible a friend and I might be starting up a coaching practice. Nothing is for sure, and neither of us have any idea how far we will go with it, but talks have begun.

While my partner is already busy writing things up, I am still in the thinking/planning/organizing stage. That's probably why we make a good team. So, for my part, here is a list of things I want to start working on:
  • A name for the business
  • A website
  • An 'elevator speech' that will serve as the entry point on the website and in conversation
  • Info for the website - bios, contract specifics, resources, etc.
  • A target audience/clientele
  • Marketing strategy
  • A paypal account (or method of payment)
Of course, behind each of these categories are a host of things we've yet to think of, as well as not just a little research. First off I will consult my notes from the classes I've taken, read a couple books, and contact a few friends already doing this.

So... I'm not holding my breath, but it's something to do. I definitely won't be quitting my day job. Today I am praying for guidance on a business name, and reading a few articles.