Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blood tests - focus on health

Yesterday morning I had some blood work done. My doctor recommended I attend a Focus On Health screening because you can get a whole host of tests done for a very reasonable price. They have them at various places around town in the Spring, and there just happened to be one right by where I work.

I arrived at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research & Innovation and was greeted at the door. They had signs and volunteers throughout the place directing me where to go. I filled out the paper work, got a blood pressure check (110/78), then paid for and had 2 vials of blood drawn. It was pretty slick. I arrived at 8:15 am and was walking out the door around 8:35. It didn't take near as long as I thought it might. I suppose it helped that the big rush was over, so there was hardly anyone there when I was there. My doctor told me it would be like that. He said many elderly people are there right when the doors open, and once they're done, it doesn't take long.

I paid $33 for a BLOOD CHEMISTRY TEST WITH CARDIAC PROFILE. This tests for: Glucose, Liver Functions, Kidney Functions, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL & LDL, and Cholesterol Ratio. I also paid $20 for a PSA test for my prostate (I've never had this checked).

The lady who took my blood did a super job - which is always helpful. Now they will mail me the results in 4-6 weeks, or I can go online and see them in a week or two. They will also mail a copy to my doctor.

This was really slick. I had to fast for 12 hours before, so I celebrated the completion by going to McDonald's and getting a sausage & egg Mcmuffin for breakfast. :)