Friday, March 31, 2017

Is there such a job

Apparently someone once said that if you love your job you'll never have to work a day in your life. So lately I've been wondering exactly what kind of job I would love, because it sure seems like I've been working.

I'm pretty bored with my job right now. It's not that it's a bad job, and I can't really think of anything that would make it better (well, not too much anyway), but I'm not feeling too into it.

Sometimes I wonder if I need to be challenged more, but then I remember the occasions when I can get overwhelmed even doing this. I often wish I could find something I liked to do that I could be self-employed at. So far I've not been able to come up with anything. I also wonder if it would help just to have a change of scenery for awhile. I don't really even know how to go about looking for a job, and I've asked about transferring to a different facility within the company to no avail, so... I don't know.

I guess there are worse things in the world I could be dealing with. I'm beginning to think there really isn't a job that's right for me. And, maybe that's not even the point. What if the key to loving what you do doesn't have anything to do with what you're doing? Oh brother. If that's the case then I have no idea what to do.

At least I've got a Yahtzee game on my phone. There's always that.