Thursday, December 08, 2005

What a day...

I am so glad there is an "edit" button on these blogs. I wish life could be like that.

This morning I posted on this very post some really negative stuff. I had had a rotten day yesterday. I was depressed, mad, nuts... the whole nine yards. And I did ask for prayer. Maybe somebody prayed for me... because today has been so much better. Thank you, Lord.

If I offended anyone in my earlier post, I am sorry. Sometimes I can be so self-centered and stupid. So, I erased the post. Let's put it behind us. Forget it was there. Okay? :)

Anyway, I am glad to have had this day. I just arrived home from Huntington -- in 8 fresh inches of snow. We should not have been on the roads because there hadn't been any snow plows out. But WE MADE IT nonetheless.

Jane and I attended our Region's District Leadership Meeting at Ponderosa. We took Scott & Linda Kling with us. They are a FANTASTIC couple. There ended up only being 7 other people there - I'm sure partly because of the weather. But, it was a nice time anyway. And I got a new book -- "No Perfect People Allowed" by John Burke. The by-line says, "Creating a come as you are culture in church." Could be interesting. But then, our church kind of already has a come as you our feel. I like my church. I hope other people do too.

God is good. Thanks for taking care of me. Thanks for the people you've put in my life.

peace.

3 comments:

dan said...

Hey... thanks for the prayers Lance. I thought somebody must have. Take care.
Dan

Brian said...

Dan,

I certainly don't claim to "know how you feel" but I know I fight a lot of depression and while I enjoy being a thinker, I can think myself into some serious doubt. And it affects my sermons. I go through cycles where I think my preaching is fantastic, but then it cylces down to plastic or maybe even disallusioned. It also affects my relationships. I say dumb things trying to move people out of my space. But one of the biggest openings for me has been a fellow pastor who has shared his journey with me. He'll call and say, "Boy, just needed to hear your voice. Someone who I know loves me." It makes me feel good knowing I'm helping and knowing that despite the barriers I've put in place, this one guy at least, knows I love him.

If anything, I think it is good that you have found a place to share yourself and you have found friends who love you.

dan said...

Brian,
Hey... thanks for the comment. I hoped I hadn't offended you earlier (I'm sure I probably did, so I'm glad you're a forgiving guy).

When we first moved to Findlay, the first time I met Lynn Cavalege, she said I reminded her of you. And she said it in a very flattering way. We probably are pretty similar. So it's probably a good thing we didn't plant that church together.... or we might have drove ourselves nuts, huh? :)

With all the machismo I can muster... I love you to, pal.

peace