Thursday, June 29, 2006

Random Thoughts...

TRIP TO FINDLAY
Drove over to see Carrie last night. It was weird walking into the seminary office and seeing my daughter at the receptionist desk. She looked very 'natural' sitting there though. Jane and I took her to Ralphie's for supper, dropped off her bicycle, vacuumed her room/apt., and were home before dark. The fact that she lives at the corner of Center and Central - do you suppose that's right where's she's supposed to be right now? :)

NBA DRAFT
Jane let me listen to the draft on the radio, and then watch it on TV when we got home. This is the most exciting of all the drafts to me. The NFL needs to take a lesson and shorten the amount of time you get to pick. I thought it was a great draft - given the fact that nobody really knew where anyone was going.

Glad to see Bradley's Patrick O'Bryant picked high (9), and Dee Brown and James Augustine finally get picked. I hope they all do well. I suspect Patrick will take some time; Dee should be a spot player for years to come; and Augustine "could" be the best of the bunch, but probably won't last the year, because he doesn't have any confidence in himself.

I think the Bulls had a good draft, and New Jersey. The biggest thing is probably the fact that... Isaiah Thomas needs a friend. Badly. Poor guy. Although he is responsible for Fort Wayne not having a CBA team. Grrh.

BLOGS
I read this morning about a guy who was wondering why he "only" had around 400 readers a day (or maybe it was a week). Geez. I can't imagine. At any rate, I understand I will never have that many. My content is not good enough. I wish it were better, but... you know... it is MY blog. So I pretty much just use it as a journal; though I do try to put some stuff that might be helpful to others. But my life is much too boring and I am too much of a depressed complainer to ever have a "good" blog. That's okay - call me the bad blogger.

PEACE OF MIND
You know what gives a person a real peace-of-mind? Having a good mechanic. Yeoman's work on our cars. They go to our church; it's a family run/owned business; they give me free oil changes just because I'm a pastor; they always treat me right; and they're just plain nice people. That means a great deal to me... knowing that I can trust my mechanic and not having to worry if I'm getting ripped off or not.

NEW BOOK
I started reading "Praying With The Church" by Scot McKnight today. I read his blog everyday, and he has even been nice enough to respond to my commments when I make them. Pretty cool, given that he is like famous and all, and I am a nobody. That's something that really irks me though... when you leave a comment on somebody's blog and they just ignore you. Makes me feel stupid, and when it's someone you thought was a friend... well, it seems rather unfriendly to me. But I have probably done the same.

Well... I have much to do today. Rock on my friends. Peace.

No comments: