Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Having trouble commenting?

I've heard from a couple of people who are still unable to comment on my blog, and some who could comment but now can't. Actually, even when I leave a comment on my own blog I have to do it twice.

If you're trying to leave a comment here you can try this: type your comment, then copy it (just in case it gets lost); sign in with your Blogger/Beta stuff, or as "other" or "anonymous"; fill in the word verification letters; click "publish." Then when it doesn't work, do it all again. It often works the second time (unlike marriage - oops, I didn't say that).

However, I've been reading that many people are having troubles now (today) and I suppose the best thing to do is leave blogger just try to be patient. I have a feeling we are nearing the final days of two different bloggers (old & Beta), and hopefully things will be running smoothly soon.

Peace, friends. Happy holiday!

2 comments:

Lily said...

Sorry some of your readers are still having trouble.

I know initially the way it was set up is people who had standard blogger accounts couldn't comment on blogs that were beta, and vice versa. The workaround is to comment as "other" or "anonymous", just like you said.

They *say* they've fixed this, but I know a lot of people are still running into it.

FYI, if you didn't know, there's a Blogger Beta Issues blog (knownissues.blogspot.com) where they cover the bugs. However, I think some of the issues are on the down-low (no one is talking about them), or are invisible (no one wants to deal with them).

Oh, and I run into the having to post it twice, both on my own blog and on others. Don't know what that's about, haven't heard it addressed yet.

dan said...

Lily,
Thanks for your help - and letting me know I'm not the only one with "issues" here.

Hope things are going well for you.
dh