Sunday, December 03, 2006

I don't care...

I was thinking about the books I read this past year, and I still say "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller is one of my all-time favorites. I know some people think it can't be that good because it was so popular... mmm, whatever. But anyway, just a few tidbits:
"Sooner or later you just figure out there are some guys who don't believe in God and they can prove He doesn't exist, and some other guys who do believe in God and they can prove He does exist, and the argument stopped being about God a long time ago and now it's about who is smarter, and honestly I don't care." (p.103)

"It is always the simple things that change our lives." (p.217)

"I can't explain how freeing that was, to realize that if I met Jesus, He would like me." (p.47)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And re: the popularity of the book.

"That's why this place is so popular, nobody comes here."
-Yogi Berra

Trying to express how much he likes just being able to walk into a hole-in-the-wall establishment without waiting. But nothing ever came out of Yogi's mouth untangled.

JAH said...

I think that last statement would really help a lot of people if we could just accept it. Most of the time, I don't feel like He would like me all that much - mostly because of what I don't do...