Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Summer planning (freaking out)

Okay, so I'm starting to freak out about this summer. I thought perhaps writing things out would help. I know I am not the busiest person in the world - not even close. But I don't run well at a fast pace. And once I hit overload... it can take me forever to recover. I don't want to do that. I have 2 weeks vacation left, and 1 "free" Sunday that I can be away.

Here is the run-down off the top of my head:
  • April 5 - Maundy Thursday service. Feetwashing, communion, Stations of the Cross.
  • April 8 - Easter Sunday. I feel like I "should" be doing something special...
  • April 21 - Nephew Tim's wedding in Illinois.
  • May 19 - Daughter Carrie's graduation from Huntington University!!! (wow. unbelievable)
  • May 20 - Son Isaac starts his internship at the Mercy House in Anderson.
  • June 1-2 - Wanted to go to Nashville, TN for reunion show with Jason & the Scorchers.
  • June 8-9 - Powell family reunion in Illinois. Also 50th anniversary party for my parents.
  • June 18-20 - CGGC General Conference in Findlay, OH. (have to go)
  • July 17-19 - Midwest Region Conference Convention in Decatur, IL. (have to go)
  • July 20-21 - Midwest Emergent Gathering in Rolling Meadows, IL (want to go)
  • July 25-28 - Impact in Findlay, OH w/ Tony Campolo (want to go)
  • August ?? - Darren & Megan's wedding.
Man, this didn't help AT ALL! And it sucks having to work weekends. Harumphf.

2 comments:

JAH said...

Suppose we should just go somewhere for the summer? Say...Cancun? Applebees?

MR said...

Either way it sounds like you'll get good nachos.