Monday, May 07, 2007

God provides... tables

Remember how I was just saying I wish we had cafe-type tables for our church basement? And then I made reference to God providing the beds for Isaac and his friends? Well... last night I mentioned the table thing at a meeting, and one of the guys says, "Why don't you come down to my building and see what I've got." So this morning I did, and... there were about 20 of the below tables in various sizes (and chairs). Some are 30x24, some 30x42, some 30x48, and some 36x36. I brought this one to the church to give people a glimpse.


I don't know how the council can not approve this. Especially when I tell them how much he wants for them: NOTHING! Is that cool or what?! Thanks, God.

5 comments:

MR said...

The Council: I'm sorry, Dan, but for safety reasons we can't use anything with less than a five-star base, and no sharp corners, so the tables need to be round. And the chairs, well they're just too "seaty."

"...then there's the cost of all the furniture polish... well, it'll just be a calamity."

dan said...

Hey... don't go giving them any ideas...

Nah, they're not like that. Although "seaty" chairs... I think we need MORE of those.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, not what.

Hey, you asked ;).

Mike Clawson said...

That's awesome Dan! I've been wanting to have tables like that for church for years! (Not just for the basement, but for the main gathering.) Unfortunately since we currently don't have our own building even if we had tables like that, we wouldn't have any place to store them during the week.

I hope your Council goes for it!

dan said...

Hey Mike,
Yeah, I would like to have the tables for the main gathering too. But getting rid of the pews right now might be asking a bit much. There's a lot we can do with our basement though.
peace.