Thursday, January 17, 2008

My hats

I'm not real hip to hat-wearing - I only wear one if I'm too lazy to shower or if it's cold outside. But when I do, here are the hats/caps I wear. The back row of caps are for all-day, my-hair-is-funky days; and the hats are for warmth. It's amazing how well they actually work. I think the hats seal better than a cap, and there is then space above your head to store the heat. Going left to right...
  • The green cap is from where my daughter went to college. I don't wear it a lot because it's more of a keepsake than anything. Plus they changed the name from Huntington College to University.
  • The middle orange cap is from the University of Illinois. I didn't go there, but am from Illinois, and have been a long-time fan of their sports teams. I don't wear this cap much either, because it just doesn't fit well. It's too snug or something.
  • The orange cap on the right is my favorite. It's from where I went to college - The University of Findlay. This is the only cap I have ever had that really seems to fit my head well. As you can probably see, it is a little worn though.
  • The hat on the left is Blacky. It's my dress hat that is usually only worn for funerals or if I would happen to be dressed up for something (which is rare).
  • The middle hat is worn more for casual occasions. It's a little floppier than the other two. I usually wear it with my green coat - which used to be my main coat.
  • The hat on the right is my new favorite. It's the newest hat I have, which I bought because I got a new coat for Christmas and the brown hat didn't match too good. This hat actually fits the best of any of them too. I don't think Jane wanted me to get it, but as I rarely do, I went ahead and bought it anyway because *I* liked it, and I like how it fits.
As I said, I am not a big hat wearer, but I will say that I was surprised how much the *hats* kept me warm. So I'm warming up to the idea.

Aren't you glad you stopped by here today? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you, isaac and i all put our hats together we would have quite the unusual hat collection.

I like having a unique family!

dan said...

Yes, you ARE quite the hat person. And they all look good on you. :)

I'm only familiar with Isaac's "driving" hat. Oh yeah, he was wearing those flat ones too. Haven't seen him in one in awhile.

Isaac Horwedel said...

I still wear the driving one...I lost the other one

MR said...

...and somewhere hidden in the back of a closet in your house is a "cheesehead" hat.

dan said...

Isaac,
Oh yeah, now I remember. Bummer.

MR,
I actually bought a cheesehead hat a couple of years ago. But it was a gift for our church council chairman - the "head cheese." :)