Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happenings

I'm slowly starting to come out of the funk I've been in for the last couple weeks. Just weighted down by "stuff." Hopefully I'll feel more like blogging in awhile. Although I haven't really had a meaningful post in quite some time anyway. Whatever.

Friday me-lady and I both had the day off and we went to the wonderfully wet city of Findlay, Ohio. We stopped in at Winebrenner Seminary and had lunch with daughter Carrie and some of the staff there. The president of the school stopped and chatted with us too. Talk about a leader. He's one of those guys who always seems to know what to say; never says anything bad about anyone; and makes you feel better for having talked to him. And he always prays for us. I like that. Anyway, we brought Carrie's car home - it was just fixed again and I want to make sure it's fixed for good before she scoots across state lines too many more times.

Last night we wanted to see a movie, but we're waiting for Juno to go to the dollar theater, waiting for the U2 movie to come out, and Into The Wild hasn't come out on video yet. So we just went out for supper and dinked around.

This morning our church hosted the Men's Lenten Breakfast. We are in a group of six churches and every year the guys get together for breakfast and a short devotion on the six Saturdays of Lent. Attendance varies from 20-30, and we were on the low side today. We have a great group of guys from our church that always turn out. And when we host it, they take care of all the food. They know I don't know anything about kitchen stuff (other than making coffee). I did the devotion and just used a free dvd I'd gotten from Promise Keepers several years ago and we discussed it. I always look forward to these six Saturdays. I wish there were more who did besides me. They only take about an hour. I sat with the mayor of New Haven and had a good visit. He is also pastor of a small Methodist church and a single parent. Great guy.

Well, tonight we're going out to eat with Carrie & Drew, Isaac & Laura, and Laura's parents. Her parents are picking us up in 10 minutes. Should be kinda fun - although I hope Drew's not too mad at me about my IU comments. =)

Peace, friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew asked me to say, "Illi-who?"

But, he'll learn :)

MR said...

I read the book "Into the Wild" many years ago and thought at the time it would make a good movie. I guess it snuck past me when it came out last year. Although I see it was directed by my super favorite person in the world Sean Penn. (long pause) NOT!

So... maybe I'll just read the book again.