Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday clothes system

I usually dress up for our Sunday worship gatherings. That means I wear a button shirt, docker-type pants, and either my black or brown shoes. I've never worn a suit, and I detest neckties, but I think it's important for me to at least be presentable since I will be up in front of people. However, the other six and three-quarter days of the week I go strictly casual (r-e-a-l-l-y casual). So this has always presented a problem of sorts for me: how do I remember what I wear from Sunday to Sunday? Sometimes I worry that I will wear the same thing two weeks in a row and people might start to talk (well, I don't know how worried I am about this, but it could happen). So after eight and a half years of strategizing... I think I've finally found a system. I don't usually have to wash the pants after each wearing, so when I've worn a pair I'll simply hang them closest to the shirts (pants are on the left, shirts on the right). That way I know which ones I wore last, and so forth. I do usually have to wash my shirts after one wearing, so today I got the idea that I just won't iron them until all have been worn. Then, when I'm outta shirts, I'll iron up a storm and start all over again.

Sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

Jim L said...

You could simply use a laundry marker to inscribe "1", "2", "3" and "4" on the labels and then use those to indicate which Sunday of the month to wear them on. :-)

I use a similar system to what you describe in that as I do laundry and hang it up I typically put freshly cleaned clothes on one end of the rack and pull things to be worn off the other end (but not strictly - I do allow myself to choose from the entire group on the left, say, as fresh laundry pushes in from the right).

Of course, you're talking to a guy who only wears one brand of socks (Hanes) and only two colors (white quarter socks and black crew socks) so I don't have to sort socks nor let my color-blindness cause me to choose a navy blue sock and a black sock to wear together. If I reach in and pull out two white or two black socks, I KNOW they match. :-)

MR said...

Just so you know, "Iron Man" will be out May 2nd.

dan said...

Jim,
Yeah... I hear you about the navy socks. I got rid of mine too.

MR,
Iron Man?? Does Black Sabbath have a new album coming out?

MR said...

Close, Marvel Comics didn't miss the opportunity to use that song for the movie.

ze trailour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA

PleaseohpleaseohpleaseI hope they don't screw it up like most comic to Hollywood conversions.