Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today #412

Not too much happening. This morning we had a church board meeting. They have been much better lately. There for awhile they were getting to be a real drag again. Anyway, they agreed to let us carpet the kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms in the parsonage. We had asked about new linoleum, but after checking prices and whatnot we felt carpeting everything would be best. That'll be kinda cool. We're also looking into putting a circle drive out front. As it is now, whenever people come over - or even if our kids are home - we don't have enough parking space for everybody, and you can't park along the road. So a circle drive would be really nice for company and the like. We talked about other stuff too, but that's what I was just thinking about.

Yesterday I fixed Carrie's RoadTrip for her ipod. A screw had come out and she pulled a wire off last week. I got out the old soldering iron and soldered a new wire in place. Works like new. It's been a long time since my soldering days. I went to school for a year and a half in electronics repair. Then later yesterday I was cleaning her car out and actually found the original screw that had been in the RoadTrip, so I swapped it with the replacement I'd used. Of course, I'm not sure if that's still Carrie's car, or if it's ours now. Whichever. :)

Today I got the radio in the same car going again. We bought this car off of a repo man. He put a new radio/cd player in it, but when he did, instead of using an adapter where the antennae hooks into the radio, he tried to jerry-rig it and 'make it work.' Well, he did a terrible job. So I had to tighten up the black electrical tape that holds the antennae in place on the back of the radio.

Bogey boy is not liking his funnel-hat collar still. He's getting used to it, but it seems to have thrown his depth perception off or something. He keeps running into things. We take it off when he goes outside to go potty and when he eats. Otherwise he'll start licking his feet, and that's a no-no. Poor guy.

Jane is doing much better. She's still sore, but she slept in bed last night, and I think she's going to cook again tonight. Whew... I'm glad of that. Just something about cooking that I can't do. I think I've blogged about the time I ruined two pans trying to make tomato soup. Yep.

Hey... and did you catch the Illini beating Purdue!?! And Minnesota beat IU. Yesterday was a GREAT day for college basketball. :) I know it's still not likely, but it would just be too cool if Illinois could actually win the Big Ten tournament. Jane and I were thinking about going down to Indy to see them this past Thursday. Unfortunately something else came up. Oh well. I would just as soon they be winning as get to see them live. One of these days though....

Well, the treadmill is calling. I have some miles to make up for this week. And who knows what next week will be like with Easter happenings and all. Btw... if you don't have any Easter Sunday plans - feel free to stop into our church for breakfast at 9 am and the worship gathering at 10. No sunrise stuff, just the usual good times.

Peace out; peace in.

2 comments:

Joan Baumgartner Brown said...

Bogey looks so, umm, longsuffering. Kind of comical, but I'm sure not much fun for him. I'd be doing a happy dance about the carpet -- so long as somebody's friend isn't supposed to do it for you :) It's progress -- and the circle drive would be wonderful. So glad to hear Jane's on the mend -- and just thinking this morning, that while I'm sorry this happened, if it was going to happen, at least it wasn't on your vacation! Take care of everybody.

dan said...

Joan,
Those were our first thoughts exactly - I can't imagine a plane right from the DR to Detroit, and then a car ride from Detroit to home would have been good. I was freaking out bad enough as it was.