Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bogie gets a bath

I gave Bogie-boy a bath this evening. He seldom gets them, as he's a pretty clean old man. But his underbelly and back legs look so sore from dragging himself along. I thought the water might feel good. He's just a two-wheeler now. Sometimes he side-saddles, but lately he often just drags his back legs out behind him. It puts an incredible strain on his short front legs to lug his 50 pounds around. The vet told us there would come a day when he wouldn't want to move a lot. I think this is happening.

I don't know how many dogs, cats, horses, and different animals we had put out of their misery when I was growing up. Of course, usually my dad just shot them. I don't think I could do it. But it's tough seeing a pet suffer. Anyway, here are some pics I took right after I dried him off.

No comments: