Friday, February 13, 2009

Twenty five thinks

I was tagged by several people on Facebook to do the "25 Things About You" thing. I didn't mean to not do it, but it came at a kinda bad time. The fad seems to have passed, so it would probably look silly to do it now. But lucky for you I have nothing to do at the moment, so maybe I can come up with something. Although, I don't know that there are 25 interesting things about me, so maybe I'll just write some stuff I'm thinking about. Or maybe I'll get to 4 and become distracted. We'll see.

1. Gee, this is harder than I thought. I can't think of anything.
2. I guess I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th. You know, that means absolutely nothing to me. I don't get it. The same with black cats and stuff. We have had tons of black cats in my life. They were cats. I dunno.
3. Bogie is laying at my feet under the desk, and he must be dreaming. Since he can't walk (or run) on all fours anymore, he often runs in his sleep. His back legs just get to going to town. Of course, it may not be that he's dreaming, and it has something to do with muscle reflex or something. I dunno.
4. I'm supposed to go pick up our taxes today. They called once and said they were done, but then I got another piece of information and they had to redo them. I dread seeing how much we owe more than I dread that it's Friday the 13th.
5. The water has gone down in the yard quite a bit. Now there are old corn stalks and all kinds of stuff all over our yard and the church yard and parking lot.
6. I finally slept for awhile last night. The night before I only slept for 2 hours. I don't know if the medicine was catching up with me or not. It was like I was wired out. I sat and watched movies with the sound off and captions on. For some odd reason I like doing that late at night. The only one I remember was 'The Weight of Water.' It was pretty good. Well, for a 4 am movie anyway.
7. Jane had to go to a rheumatologist this morning. I felt like a total cad, because I totally planned on going with her, and then I chose last night to sleep and I didn't wake up until 7:45. Anyway, she's been checked by her regular doctor for rheumatoid arthritis, and it was negative, but the doc wanted to be sure.
8. I'm feeling quite a bit better, but I still have some sinus issues. And my thermostat is messed up. I go from normal to sweating like a pig to cold. Maybe I'm becoming a middle-aged woman.
9. We just had our first person start tithing using automatic withdrawal (or bill-pay, or whatever you call it). It's funny because I had just been talking about this with some people a couple of weeks ago, and someone told me Sunday that they were going to start doing it. I got the first one in the mail yesterday. Geez, I hope I don't ever throw it away as junk mail. It kind of looks like it. And I throw quite a bit of mail away without opening it. Anyway, I don't really know how I feel about it. I don't mind in this person's case, because they have always been good about giving every week whether they are there or not. My concern is for people who do it so they don't have to think about it. I believe giving is to be an "act" of worship. I think it would be easy to lose sight of that, though not impossible. I suppose it's like anything else though... there are positives and negatives.
10. A good mail day is when I get nothing for the church - which is seldom, if ever. I don't think a lot of people realize the amount of crap that comes in the mail for churches. I get stuff addressed to me, to about four of the previous pastors, to several different people who attend or have attended the church, some is just addressed to the church, and some is just "business" or "resident." A lot of it is solicitations. A lot is from anyplace that anyone has ever ordered anything from. A lot of catalogs. I used to actually open all of it, but anymore I throw most of it away.
11. I no longer subscribe to any magazines. Not that I don't want to, but I refuse to. I got so tired of getting resubscription notices like every stinking week, starting the week I subscribed! Or if you re-up for multiple years you'll save "x" amount. Why can't I just subscribe to a dang magazine, and when it's time to renew they send me a notice? Screw 'em. That oughta show 'em.
12. I think I have a solution to the steroids problem in major league baseball: Get rid of professional sports. I could absolutely care less if these guys took this stuff. I am sick of all these over-paid, over-hyped pampered baby-ass prima donnas talking about how important all this stuff is to our world. And it infuriates me to think that politicians think they should be talking about this, or a college football playoff, or anything of the kind at a time like this. And I am not against sports. But there importance has gotten way out of hand. im(not so)ho.
13. Yeah... this is getting boring. I'll stop here since it's the thirteenth.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: